Thursday, April 09, 2009

Preparations

Maybe I am nesting after all, maybe I am just anxious, and maybe I am just OCD to the extreme lately! Monday I commented that there was still so much to do and I had no energy to get it done. I can't say that I have had a lot of energy the last couple days, but I can say that because I want to make positive EVERYTHING is done, the house is perfect, and all is taken care of for up to to 3 days if I went into labor right now I have forced myself to work my tail off!

I have one more load of baby clothes to wash, dry and put away. I plan on finishing that before bed tonight. All of the current inhabitants of the house's clothes are washed, dried, and put away (except the clothes we are currently wearing). The kitchen is clean. All the household business is handled until next Friday. Easter is taken care of totally for KL except the eggs we will dye tomorrow night (can't do that too far in advance!) It took one full day just for our clothes and today it took all day to handle nothing but the baby clothes. I need to find my camera and post some pics of the nursery, but I think I will wait until tomorrow. (By the way, KT I will TRY to take some preggo pics of myself for ya... hard to take pics of yourself tho.)

My father-in-law is coming to put together the gift from my parents in the morning. They got the baby a dresser that matches the crib and bookshelf :) I am excited about this! Right now, there are clothes on the bookshelf and twin bed that is in the nursery that will go into the dresser. Tomorrow morning I should be able to get all of them put away and get my bag packed. After that I plan on cleaning the bathroom and mopping the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom floors. The end of the week is in sight! Oh yeah, I also have to wash sheets since it will be Friday and it didn't get done on the normal day of Wednesday! Wouldn't hurt to give the house a dusting again too. Once I accomplish all of this, I will feel better about being prepared for labor any day.... maybe!

As of today, I am officially 37 weeks! If AC isn't here by April 30th we are going to induce. I know that I have probably said that a million times, haha! We don't plan on her taking that long. I may throw out a little TMI right here, haha but in all honesty with the schedule James work schedule, I can tell you that the date of conception figured for my April 30th due date isn't right. The story is like this... July 2008 James was home for 2 weeks. He went back to work and was gone for 5 days. He had a medical issue that sent him back home on August 1st. He had surgery on August 5th. He came home from the hospital on August 6th. They figured "conception date" of August 8th and I can tell ya for sure that's not when it happened, haha. He was still on some pretty strong pain medicine and I was waiting on him hand and foot for at least a full week. There was no hanky panky in this house until about 2 weeks later. This means that the REAL conception date was somewhere from August 1st till August 4th. That would put me at 38 weeks right now instead of 37. I keep using the WRONG date because that is officially what is in my chart at the doctor's office. It hasn't been a big deal for me to know it wasn't exactly right until the last week or two when the end of this pregnancy is actually in sight! Considering my doctor told me last week she didn't see me making it until April 23rd (what would be my due date if you figured on the REAL day of conception), I feel like skipping a week now and saying I am 38, haha!

Either way, I don't have too much longer so I am sure you will be reading a lot about chores and getting ready for baby over the next couple of weeks. I will try not to be too boring, but basically there isn't just a whole lot going on besides that. KL does have softball practice 3 days a week (Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday of every week) which takes up a lot of time, but there isn't much to say about ball practice. Tomorrow night we are going to Erin's for KL and KK to dye Easter eggs. They have done it together for the last several years and seem to really enjoy it. I will have pics of that to post (if I can figure out how to do it on here again) tomorrow night along with pics of the nursery.

Until tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like You are nesting big time. Oh, and a tripod works wonders with taking pics. of yourself. :)

♥ JaYmE ♥ said...

wow, im kinda wanting to be preggo so i can get all that housework done, too! lol
it's almost time, stacie!!! i'm so excited! make sure one of us knows so we can post updates when u go into labor!!!! i luv u!