Monday, April 06, 2009

Preparations for a busy couple of weeks!

I am really excited! Saturday my Mom came over and we went Easter dress shopping. I actually found a cute spring dress :) I haven't done any dress shopping since last year at this time as I didn't really need any until I got pregnant and then what's the use? I just feel it is wasteful to purchase something that you only wear a couple times. Well, guess I bought a dress now that I will wear for a couple times and be done with it, but still... I will get to wear a new dress for Easter and then wear it the next week to my baby shower. Well, if AC stays where she is for that long, haha! I will get to that in a minute :)

Sunday morning we headed to church and it was a very special day! The sermon was awesome! Saturday night I had watched a DVR'd episode of Dr. Charles Stanley that I wanted to watch and didn't have time when it came on. Sunday, Bro. Nick preached what could be considered a continuation of Dr. Charles Stanley's sermon I had watched the day before. I don't think when it comes to the Word of God that things are coincidental so God must have really been talking to me! Dr. Stanley was preaching on Walking in Step with God. As a saved person, God has promised never to leave me which means that God is always with me, but walking in step with God is totally different. His point was that it is always easier when walking next to someone if you are walking in step together. Then Bro. Nick preached about Camping in Canaan. One of his main points was that if we aren't following or walking with God the way we should, we will have what we need and even as a human be satisfied, but walking with God we actually reach something much more special. The points to both sermons were basically the same and I took them both to heart. Of course, just listening to preaching isn't enough. Now is the hard part of applying it to my life and taking the necessary actions to reach the goals I have set for myself.

Another awesome thing about church Sunday was that my Aunt Robbin was baptized. She joined our church last Sunday on profession of faith and as a candidate for baptism. I mentioned this in my blog last week, but Sunday morning was her baptism. It was a very special time for her and our whole family.

After church, we ate at Mamaw's really quick and headed back home. KL had a birthday party to attend :) It was a little rush to get back in time, but it was one that she didn't want to miss. It was for her little "boyfriend". I am not to sure about this boyfriend business, haha! But he really is a sweet kid who's parents seem to be raising him right with good morals. For the 2nd grade, don't guess I could ask for more, haha!

Monday was another busy day. I went to the doctor just after dropping KL off at school. Dr. B said that I am now dilated to a 2! I went a whole nother centimeter since last week :) This is good and bad news. The good news is that AC will probably come a little early... the bad news is that AC may come a little early, haha! I am now far enough along that she will be considered "full term". I am not in any way (at this point) worried about her health if she comes even right now, which is something I am VERY thankful for! I, personally, wouldn't even mind if she did come today! I just get a little anxious after KL's delivery... I barely made it the 3 miles to the hospital and this time I have an hour drive to the hospital. I am trying to remind myself what labor felt like with KL so that I don't make the same mistake again, but at the same time remember that it COULD be different this time too. Basically, I am scared now of going into labor and not knowing it in time like I did with KL. The bad news about AC coming early is getting James home from the boat. I have to call him the second I go into labor if she is early because he won't already be home. Note the other concern about not knowing I am in labor, haha. But the biggest deal would be the sooner he comes home, the longer we go without pay. I am trying my best to put my trust in God to handle all of this, but it is hard at times. If he provides for the lilies of the valley, how much more will he provide for me? I am trying to keep that in my head at all times. I prepared financially for James to be off work his normal 2 weeks off and another week (before or after AC comes along) for a total of 3 weeks, so what is another week or 2 right? LOL! Don't know why this is bothering me all of a sudden, unless my hormones just don't have anything else to focus on right now, haha!

When I got back to town I ate lunch and then got KL from school. Monday's are ball practice nights, but thankfully the early practice. She can be in bed at her normal time. They are Benchmark testing starting tomorrow and she needs her sleep. She is a good morning person (the opposite of me!) so getting her up early for a good breakfast shouldn't be a problem. Now that I say this, we will have a morning full of problems! Ball practice went well tho and she is fed, showered, and in the bed :)

As far as AC's arrival, I don't think I am as ready as I should be. I have the room completed. I have all the basic necessities plus some, but my baby shower isn't until the 19th. Dr. B made the comment today that she is wrong a lot when guessing a baby's arrival, but she doesn't think I will make it to the 23rd. I hope that I do make it that long if for no other reason to have my baby shower before her arrival. I had KL's shower after her arrival and we had to make many quick runs to Wal-Mart for stuff I didn't have yet and needed. I have tried to prepare myself as much as possible in case this happens again, but I think it will be much more fun to have the gifts to use when she gets here and not have to wait. I do still have some of KL's clothes from her first year (mostly onesies and sleepers) that need to be washed. James pulled them all out for me while he was home, but I haven't begun the washing process. I also need to pack my bags for the hospital. After today's visit to the doctor, that is first on my list of To Do's tomorrow! Again, I didn't have mine packed with KL and really wished I had! Another mistake I don't want to make. I should have had the bag packed for a couple weeks now, but just haven't yet. Guess tomorrow I will pack my bag, clean house, and then work on baby laundry. That will make me feel better prepared :) If anyone wants to help, you know where I will be, haha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, You better pack that bag tonight. You sound like you might be getting that energy burst before labor.

Try not to stress though, God has a better plan than we could ever think up...:)

Stacie said...

Actually, I have been so exhausted and everything tires me out so easily right now I just feel lazy. I am telling myself I HAVE to get this stuff done whether I feel like it or not just because of the fear of it not getting done in time. Fear is my motivation, haha! I pray I do get some energy, in bursts or not, before I go into labor. See, that is another sign of labor I forgot about... the energy burst! Everyone may need to refresh my memory, haha!