Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Is everyone in a funk?

Two friends of mine posted blogs today about their blogging. These two friends do not know each other and as far as I know, do not read each other's blogs. So I find it ironic that they posted them within the hour of each other and both kinda had the same things to say. As for both of them referring to my blog... I think not since it has been weeks since I posted one, haha!

The first post that showed up talked about whether to continue blogging or not because she feels blogging is on the downhill slide and that when she started blogging and still now doesn't think people are all that interested in her life. The second friend blogged about her life being simple and not having as many "adventures" as others. To both of you, I will repeat... KEEP IT UP!

I know I haven't blogged much at all lately, but I have been a little tied up with our newest addition (who I haven't blogged about in quite a while, but she is doing wonderful!) Reading both the other blogs just got me thinking today about my life and blogging in general.

Is my life interesting enough to blog about? I agree with the first friend in that when I started this, and still now, I really wonder if anyone really cares to read about my life. When put into a blog, most of the time it just sounds boring to me so I can only imagine what it seems like for everyone else. Along the same lines as my 2nd friend... too simple? Yes. Very. Thanks. I like it that way! You should appreciate your simple life too and not worry about what everyone else is doing. Do what works for you :)

Thinking back over the years since I got married, I have had 4 jobs. I have had more than this, but I am just talking about my adult/married life.

The first job was the job I was holding when I got married. It was at a local business here (leaving out the details to protect the not-so-innocent people I am about to discuss). The owner was going through a rough patch in her life. She was getting a divorce, had three children, and 5 (that I knew of) men she was dating. WOW! That is more than a handful of drama that for sure isn't simple and would fill many blogs with interesting info! Would I want that? Not in a million years! She was getting back out there after years being a wife and mother and really letting her hair down and having what the world looks at as "fun". Was it? I wouldn't think so. I saw her cry lots. The "fun" is just a front. You really wouldn't want that at all!

The second job, I took shortly after our wedding. It was at a local doctor's office. The people were super nice! I loved my boss, his wife (who many people didn't care for), and my co-workers. Why did I leave? The pay wasn't the best and by this time we had KL and I needed more money. Everyone here was settled and married and loved their own spouse (and no one else's, haha!) and loved their kids. The wife worked at the office from about 9-10 until about 2 every day. She made it clear that she helped there but her main job was her family and her focus was on the children. Having just had KL, I wished desperately that my family and children could be my main focus and not have to hold down a stinking job. This is what fueled my post-pardum (sp?) depression after KL. My life just wasn't simple enough.

The third job I took just after KL's first birthday. It paid more, and the hours were better than a doctor's office. There was a lot more employees (all female at the time) at this job which means lots more hormones! I just tried to sit at my desk and do my job without drawing attention to myself. I didn't want a lot of interaction. I just wanted to do my job and leave ASAP to rush to my baby. The depression was easing, but I still just felt work was not where I should be. At the same time, the bills showed I had to be there. After being there 6 months, my supervisor quit, I applied for her job (even with only 6 months experience in this line of work), and somehow was offered the position. What I didn't realize was how much more I would have to deal with! The hours got longer, the hormones were unavoidable, and the work much harder! My life went from just not simple enough to mega stress!

The last job (hopefully the last forever!) is strictly a stay at home mother and wife. I don't see my life getting any more simple or drama free! More hormonal? Yes as we have two daughters and I will eventually go through menopause, so I am sure the hormones are yet to come, haha! But, I love it.

The reason I went the "job" route is... I may not have much of anything interesting to blog about and my readers may not care to even read it, but I will continue on if only because years from now I will read back at this simple, drama free life and remember the wonderful times I have had with my family and friends. I type faster than I write, so consider this my way of a journal. Don't like the simple, drama free life? Find another blog to read :) I personally love my daily routine and seldom except change well. With the new baby, I am having to redevelop my daily routine, but this is a very acceptable change for me! If daily I just blog about my daily routine and other boring stuff, remember those blogs are more for me than my readers.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Right on! Your blog is for you...a sounding board when you need to sound off! :) We (your audience) just have the privledge of reading your thoughts & identifying with you...gives comfort knowing someone else thinks the same thoughts. And years from now your children will have their mother's digital diary and can read all about their childhood & your life together in what will have been for them a simpler time.