Sunday, June 07, 2009

Relaxing day or sad day?

KL decided to spend the night with my parents last night. She hasn't been around today. I thought this would be a really good thing and I could catch up on sleep. Normally, even when AC sleeps I can't because KL is up and likes to play outside a lot. I don't trust her not to go outside without me knowing about it.

Catch up on sleep? YES!!! I have slept just about every time AC has slept today. Now I am worried I won't sleep a wink tonight, haha!

I have done well all day, but now the sun is going down again. I am starting to feel a little blueish. One thing for sure about having both of my girls here is that they keep me and my mind so busy that baby blues hasn't had a chance to show it's ugly face.

My neighbors officially moved out today. We lived in this house for 8 years now. We have never had neighbors on either side. Both houses have been empty until about 11 months ago. Best I can remember, it was just before we found out about AC coming along a family moved in the house right next door while their house was being built. We knew it would only be for about 9 months. I remember thinking "Great! Here we go... I don't really want neighbors. I like the feeling we are kinda here alone." Now that they moved out today, I am sad that I don't have neighbors. We didn't really get close over the last year, but I was finally use to walking out the backdoor and having someone to say hello to. Today, I think I am crazy for the sudden change of emotions, haha! That is another reason I am blaming it on a little bit of baby blues today.

I read yesterday about "nursing vacations" and decided that is what me and AC needed while KL is at Meme and Pap's house. Maybe it wasn't what we needed. Basically, you just go to bed with the baby and sleep lots and nurse often. Helps with bonding, milk supply, and just basically well being by catching up on sleep. I can't stay in the bed that much when not a have to, so we camped out on the couch with the bassinet right next to it. There has been lots of holding and talking and bonding that's for sure. Guess it is a good thing except for those ugly baby blues showing their face!

I have rented a movie to watch tonight. James comes home Wednesday!!! Tomorrow, I will clean like the devil has been in the house even tho it really doesn't need it. It will keep me busy and cleaning always boosts my spirits :) Just gotta make it through this crazy, hormonal day!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I know you are so ready for your hubby to get home! I've been in your shoes... newborn, older child, no husband home to help.. it sucks. :P What a strong woman you've become though having to deal with it!

I definitely enjoyed as many "nursing vacations" as I could with my babies! It helped Samuel stop a horrendous nursing strike when he was 9 months old.. we just stayed in bed all day together and he realized what he was missing out on. :)

I hope your blues go away soon! I know when James gets home it will help so much!