It has been a while since I did a "what's going on" blog. Wow! So much has happened and when you are packing and moving (doing it alone with an 11 month old at that) there is no time for blogging.
I just realized when reading back on my old blogs today that I never blogged about one of the most amazing, wonderful, words can't explain day... December 30th, KL told me "Mom, it's time." I said "Time for what?" To which she replied "Time for me to ask Jesus to come into my heart." We talked about it a little (she had been asking questions for several months previously) and kneeled in our living room and she was saved. It was AMAZING! It was the best day of my life! It was more precious to me than my own salvation, than my wedding day, and than the earthly birth of either of my children. There is no peace like the peace of knowing your children are safe in the hands of my Heavenly Father!
KL made straight A's this past 9 weeks. Yes, I know we are almost half way thru the 4th 9 weeks, but I had to brag on her even if it is a little late. She is doing well in school. She is moving up the AR (reading program) ladder and is so excited about reading all these new books. She is doing so well in school and has grown up so much this school year! I don't know if it is moving into intermediate school or what, but I have seen such a change in her this year!
Within the last couple of weeks, AC has taken her first steps and gotten her first tooth. The tooth has been an issue of sorts. She thinks it is funny to bite Momma. Yes, we are still nursing and my mamaw laughed and said I would nurse until she got her first tooth and bit me then I would be ready to wean. Well, she bit me and yes it did hurt, but we still aren't ready to ween. Maybe we will do that before she starts Kindergarten, haha!
I say that jokingly, but in a way I am serious. Don't get me wrong, I love that quality time with her that no one else can provide for her, but she is falling back into old habits (that I must break immediately!) of not sleeping well unless she is with Momma. I can hold her and be the pacifier and she will sleep so well! Put her in her own bed and she is up every 30 minutes. This also means no naps. She goes thru these spells and we break it, then a few months later it starts over. One day, Momma will sleep again! I keep telling myself that!
The move into the new house is going well. James comes home tomorrow and he will get to stay with us for the first time in the new house this weekend. AWESOME! I can't wait! I also can't wait for him to get here and help me get some of this stuff moved! I have been telling him he will be busy trying to catch up with me :) So far, I have moved one couch, two beds, the china cabinet, the kitchen table, half of our clothes, half of our dishes, half of our glasses, the coffee table, end tables, and my bookshelf with all my books. The next two weekends, we get to take both vehicles over which means I get to carry 3 times as much household stuff! This is GREAT to me because on normal weekend trips half the car is loaded down with our suitcases and stuff we need for the weekend. Now I get to take more things that will stay! Maybe I can talk him into taking most of everything, haha!
Well, I gotta get off here and finish getting things ready for him to come home tomorrow. Can't tell ya how excited I am about that! LOVE it when my hubby is HOME!
Virginia Janette McCuan Breeding
2 days ago

2 comments:
Oh girl I'm tired just reading about what all you've got going on! All of that on little sleep... whew! Where's your cape? ;)
Mandy... my only cape is a spit up rag... every mother has one, haha!
Post a Comment