Ever had a time in your life where you wonder where you are going? Yeah, that's been me just a little.
I know I haven't posted much on the new house. So, I will tell ya that story today as well as today's inspiration.
One Sunday in January as I was headed to church I passed a house about 1 1/2 miles from my parents that had a for sale sign out front. As soon as I had the chance, I talked to the owners about the house. Perfect location and, for us, the perfect price! I immediately felt like things were falling into place. I made arrangements for us to look at the house the next weekend when James was home.
James, at first, said no. Not because of the move or location or anything that I loved about the house, but because it didn't have the land he wanted with it. We kept the appointment to "look" and as soon as we saw it, we were both in love with it. We went the next day to the bank and everything fell into place.
We were going the next Monday to sign all the loan papers and get the ball rolling. On the Saturday before, I got a phone call from my old boss about a possible job opportunity. I have made it clear that I am perfectly happy in my SAHM roll and really feel like I wouldn't change it for the world. I was immediately scared. Is God telling me that this move that I feel is perfect may not be right for us? I mean, with this economy, who really turns down the opportunity for a job? What's a mom to do, right?
Well, I will tell you what this girl immediately did. I prayed some more. My prayers so far had been "God, if this is the right move for us, let the price be right.", then "...let James like the house.", and finally "...let the loan go through." I mean, after praying for something to lead us right 3 times, I already felt that I was pushing my faith a little. Well, I still felt I needed to pray it out so that is what I did.
"God, where do you want us? Please show me in my heart and through your word exactly where you want us to be." My heart immediately felt the answer "I have already shown you the place."
Ok. Well, tell me more clearly.
I pulled out my regular Bible and a couple other versions that I don't reference much, but I really like the "topic" look-ups. I jotted down some scripture to read when you are facing change, financial matters, and staying in God's will.
The first scripture that I was referenced to was Exodus 32:34 and the first part of that verse states "But go now, lead the people where I told you Behold, My angel shall go before you;" Well now, that's pretty clear, God. Do I consider this my answer with just one verse?
The second scripture I referenced was Acts 1:12 which states "Then they returned to Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is near Jerusalem, a Sabbath day's journey away." "mount of Olivet" is pretty close to the name of our current town and we do travel to the town we are thinking about moving to every Sabbath. Hmmm... "But God, what about the job? Is this a way for you to tell me I am wrong about what I feel and the interpretation of what I am reading?"
The third verse.... 2 Chronicles 25:9-10. To put it into context, Amaziah had hired some soldiers to help him fight a battle. He was warned by the prophet that God didn't like this and that he wouldn't win if he used these soldiers. Amaziah basically said what about all the money I have paid them? The answer he was given was "The Lord is able to give thee much more than this."
WOW! Can't get much clearer for me. Then I was ashamed that I wasn't going in faith where I knew the Lord wanted us. Since then, I have been looking so forward to the new house and our life there that I haven't looked back!
Every time we tell someone where we are moving, they look at us very funny and say "why there?" We explain all the reasons... where I am from so my family is there, J works off and we go there every weekend just about and still attend church there, so on and so on.
Lately, I have been questioning "what am I suppose to do once we get there?" I mean, if God wants us there, He has His reasons. So, come on God, let's hear what I am gonna do once I move? Why am I going?
But today, God spoke to me. The family was going to Walmart this afternoon. J went out to start the car, and I guess KL thought they were the only 2 going. When she walked outside, the neighbors kids were playing outside and asked "KL, where are you going?" Her response was so simple, so trusting, and going 100% by faith. She plainly stated "I don't know. I am just going with my dad." She didn't have to know where, why, or for how long. She just knew that she was happy being with her dad, going where ever he wanted her to go, and to do whatever he wanted to do.
It hit me immediately that I really don't have to know right now. I should just be happy being with in my Father's will, going where He wants me to go, and doing whatever He wants me to do. It isn't for me to know what lies over the hill for us, but when the time is right God will tell me. Right now, I am just suppose to go with my Dad.
Virginia Janette McCuan Breeding
2 days ago

6 comments:
I'm just supposed to go with my Dad! Kids say the most inspiring things.
Thanks for blogging about this.
loved this blog!
**gasp**
i just happened upon you by a very dear friend of mine... mandy... from a comment you had made over there. it's a small world after all! ;-)
TJ's sister was telling me about your move not too long ago. Enjoyed reading your post! I love it when God speaks so clearly, and His friendship is so evident.
Don't hold my family against me... and you can tell Jessica I said that. She knows I love her, haha!
Oh, crazy me! Forget that last comment. I thought you were talking about my cousin T.J., but now that I see your profile I know who you are and who you were talking about! Just blame it on lack of sleep, haha! So glad to find you on here too!
oh, that's ok... i really didn't even know it was directed at me. ;)
thanks for visiting my blog.. and commenting! ;) why comments are better than birthday presents, I'll never know... but they always make me smile!
Post a Comment