Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Today is the Big 6 Month Mark!

Today is AC's 6 month birthday! She amazes me more and more every day. She has reached all of her milestones right on time (if not a little bit early). She is sitting up now and she is eating baby cereal with baby food once a day for supper as well as one jar of baby food for lunch. Her eating amazes me. KL was a good eater, but AC seems to be developing quite the appetite for food, haha! She just loves to eat!

But, as happy as I am with my growing baby girl, this past week has been a little bit emotional for me too. I realized about a week ago that she was really almost 6 months old! It hit me like a ton of bricks. Yes, I am with her everyday all day and can count on one hand (with fingers left over I think) how many days in her short life she has not been with me, but I feel it went entirely too fast! As of today, I would like to hit that instant slow motion replay button that ESPN has so that I can start over from her Day 1 and relive it all in slow motion.

Of course we are alone together most days... all day... with KL (age 8) being the closest thing to having a grown up to talk to around the house, and by bedtime I am about ready to pull my hair out and so ready for them to go to bed so that I can have a little bit of "me" time. It makes me feel a little guilty that time seems to go fast enough every day without me wishing bedtime to come a little faster. So, with this new realization, I am turning a new leaf tomorrow morning. I am going to get up a little bit earlier than the girls. I am going to have some quiet me time in the mornings and not stay up so late at night. This way, my "me" time is out of the way and I can concentrate on the girls and hopefully won't wish away part of the day with them.

James is packing his rental car up right now. Sad day again. He hates having to leave the girls and we hate having him leave. It is hard on KL when he leaves. I thank my lucky stars that he has a great job and one that provides well enough for me to stay home with the girls, but it is getting hard on all of us with him not being around. I so wish he could find a really good paying job here at home!

Days he comes and goes are really just hard days without the goodbyes. It is always during the week which means that KL has school and James and I are running around trying to get him taken care of (packed, shopping, rental car pick up, etc.) while she is at school and for us to be completely finished by the time she gets out. Today, God provided us with a small miracle! He was actually able to get a rental car from HERE... in our town! Amazing! Usually, we have to drive 2 hours one way to get the car. This is 4 hours in the car not including time spent at the rental car place. Knowing school hours, this means that we have to time it right so that we aren't late. We just hate having to ask someone else to pick KL up for us and keep her after school. It is usually his dad, who for sure doesn't mind, but still.

Baby is up crying again.... hope she realizes it was bedtime and not wee nap time and we aren't up all night!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Oh Stacie, people always say to me, "I don't know how you do it!" and I'm saying that to you!

I can't believe little AC is already 6 months old.. that is insane! I couldn't believe how big she's gotten when I saw you guys yesterday! It's always bitter sweet, isn't it?

I'm sooo with you on the hours at night that I sometimes just pray for bedtime to hurry up and arrive. Being home, totally alone, with kids is hard! The nights that clayton is home I really do enjoy the kids so much more. I have to make a real effort and PLAN things to do with them when I'm here by myself to enjoy it. Sad but true. Being a mom is great, but it is also a ton of work. You're not alone there!