Saturday, September 13, 2008

God is Always in Control!

Previous Myspace Blog of mine I copied here :)

After talking to a friend today and telling her my story, I felt the need to share it with all of you. I posted a blog several months ago about the issues that James and I have had in the baby making department. We have fun trying, but nothing ever happens, haha. Well, from the blog I posted earlier this week and from my surveys and things I am sure you know that we finally got it right, haha. I joke, but in all seriousness I know that God always has it right! Let's get a few facts here...

Do you know what it actually takes for a woman to get pregnant? Don't run the kids out of the room.... this won't be bad!

Let's take a "normal" person. As a female, you produce 1 egg a month. It lives only 12-24 hours. Sperm lives a little longer. So basically, you have to have sex the day before or the day of ovulation to have a baby. Only 1% of sperm ever make the journey to the egg.

One stat I read said that your chances of getting pregnant are 15-25% every month. So, if you were facing a medical issue and the doctor said "There is a 15% chance that something will go wrong with this procedure.", would you think everything would probably be ok? I would. I would think of it as 85% chance all will be fine so I am not going to worry as much as I would say the chances were 50/50. Think about all the people you know. They only had a "25%" chance at getting started. Wow! That is a lot of people who came despite the odds! This alone confirms to me my belief that every child comes STRAIGHT from God! Without God's help, children just wouldn't happen.

My chances of getting pregnant were about 1/8th of a "normal" person's chances. Let's break that down to the precentages.... 3.125%! Where a normal person has a 25% chance, I only have about a 3.125% chance every month OR a 25% three different months every 2 years and your guess is as good as mine which 3/24 months that will be. 3.125% a month is just a better all around percentage to use in my case.

Now, lets factor in the fact that my husband works away from home. He is only home for 2/6 weeks (or 1/3 of the time). This drops my chances down even more! 1.042% chance every month is what I figure I have of getting pregnant.

So, in this little math/religion blog I have realized 25% chances for a normal person shows how GREAT God is! My 1.042% chance AND being pregnant hopefully says to you the same it said to me. God it totally 100% awesome and totally 100% in control of our lives at all times! He knows exactly what we need and exactly when we need it! When you think your chances are low, lean on God and He will be there to support you, comfort you, and do what is best for you 100% of the time!

By the way, James and I have some friends who are married and he works for the same company James works for. She had a tubal pregancy earlier this year and lost 1 of her tubes. This means her chances of pregancy were cut in 1/2 and then factor in the fact that her hubby is gone so much too.... doesn't look good in the baby department for them either, right? Nope! God has something instore for them also because she is about 7 weeks farther along than I am! God is in control!

No comments: