Ok, I have tried what seems like a billion times tonight to reply to Lori's blog on abortion. For some reason, it has failed everytime.... it is the devil's fault! Haha, just kidding! Here is my feelings on the entire issue and I must warn you, I can really get on my soapbox with this issue.....
I am not sure where to start, so let's start with "when does life begin?" Everyone seems to believe differently. I believe life begins at conception. That is when the the baby (I don't like to refer to it as anything else because that is just what it is) starts to grow and form. What living creature doesn't grow and develop and form? If you want to say that life begins with a heartbeat, ok.... the heart begins to beat at 22 days from conception. Want to abort it before then? Based on someone with a very regular period, you wouldn't suspect you were pregnant until you missed your first period which would start 14 days after conception. 8 days before the heart begins to beat. Most women would just begin to worry at this point, but would not think too much about it until your period is a week late. We all know not many women at all have strict regular periods that do not come a couple days early or a couple days late. If you wait 7 days after when you are pretty sure you should have started, you are at day 21. Tomorrow your baby's heart beats.....
Most people seem to think there are "certain reasons" abortion should be available. I am one of these people because in some situations I can't say what I would choose. These reasons are usually rape/incest or the mother's health. 93% of all abortions cite 'social reasons' as their motivation. Not mother's health or rape or incest. Hmmmm.... interesting.
I will not get into my religious beliefs, even though I could give you scriptures to back why I feel it is wrong. I do believe it is wrong because I can give you those scriptures, but that is not what this blog will be about. I want to give you some scientific data that proves what I feel in my heart, and I have a soft heart. This information is information, I feel, every woman should hear and know. We are forced the "woman's rights" the "abortion should be legal for xxx reasons". Here is why I personally am against it.
Techniques - First Trimester
Suction Aspiration
Dilation and Curettage
RU 486/Mifeprex
Methotrexate
Second and Third Trimesters
Dilation and Evacuation
Instillation Methods - Salt Poisioning and Urea
Prostaglandins
Partial-Birth Abortion
Hysterotomy
Sounds like a lot of stuff that we wouldn't understand right? Let me give you the definition from Abortion: Some Medical Facts for the most used techniques.
Suction aspiration, or "vacuum curettage," is the abortion technique used in most first trimester abortions. A powerful suction tube with a sharp cutting edge is inserted into the womb through the dilated cervix. The suction dismembers the body of the developing baby and tears the placenta from the wall of the uterus, sucking blood, amniotic fluid, placental tissue, and fetal parts into a collection bottle. Great care must be taken to prevent the uterus from being punctured during this procedure, which may cause hemorrhage and necessitate further surgery. Also, infection can easily develop if any fetal or placental tissue is left behind in the uterus. This is the most frequent post-abortion complication.
So, let me get this right.... You take a mini vacuum hose with a sharp pointy thing (I picture the thing on the ends of guns they had years ago, but I don't know if that is right) on the end and suck up "fetal parts" along with everything else in a tube. Ok, lets say it this way.... you basically use that mini vacuum to suck off a leg, then an arm, then maybe the other foot, a finger or two, blood (and probably lots of it by now) the hand maybe, the bottom of the other leg you left without a foot... until finally, you have totally dismembered and beheaded the baby and sucked it all up into the vacuum. Who wouldn't want to feel this when you die?
Second Trimester - Dilatation (Dilation) and Evacuation (D&E) - Used to abort unborn children as old as 24 weeks, this method is similar to the D&C. The difference is that forceps with sharp metal jaws are used to grasp parts of the developing baby, which are then twisted and torn away. This continues until the child's entire body is removed from the womb. Because the baby's skull has often hardened to bone by this time, the skull must sometimes be compressed or crushed to facilitate removal. If not carefully removed, sharp edges of the bones may cause cervical laceration. Bleeding from the procedure may be profuse. Dr. Warren Hern, a Boulder, Colorado abortionist who has performed a number of D&E abortions, says they can be particularly troubling to a clinic staff and worries that this may have an effect on the quality of care a woman receives. Hern also finds them traumatic for doctors too, saying "there is no possibility of denial of an act of destruction by the operator. It is before one's eyes. The sensation of dismemberment flow through the forceps like an electric current." Click here for an illustration of this abortion method, produced by a professional medical illustration firm. Yes, you basically start with the toes and work up to the head. Doctors and clinical staff who have preformed/witnessed this procedure say as you are watching (and you have to watch to preform the job) you can see the baby trying to get away. You can tell the baby is in pain. Monitors are turned so that the mother can not see what is happening to her baby.
Partial-Birth Abortion - Abortionists sometimes refer to these or similar types of abortions using obscure, clinical-sounding euphemisms such as "Dilation and Extraction" (D&X), or "intact D&E" (IDE) which mask the realities of how the abortions are actually performed. This procedure is used to abort women who are 20 to 32 weeks pregnant -- or even later into pregnancy.* Guided by ultrasound, the abortionist reaches into the uterus, grabs the unborn baby's leg with forceps, and pulls the baby into the birth canal, except for the head, which is deliberately kept just inside the womb. (At this point in a partial-birth abortion, the baby is alive.) Then the abortionist jams scissors into the back of the baby's skull and spreads the tips of the scissors apart to enlarge the wound. After removing the scissors, a suction catheter is inserted into the skull and the baby's brains are sucked out. The collapsed head is then removed from the uterus.
Yes, "procedure" here shows you more pictures. What do they not tell you? When the scissors are "jam"ed into the baby's skull, the baby will stiffen out it's arms and legs, kicking, moving, trying (again) to get away. Obviously, in much pain. Ever witnessed a baby with colic, or a baby getting a shot? I would imagine getting a vaccine would hurt much less than someone shoving scissors into the base of your skull. Remember how the child you saw stiffened it's arms and legs? Remember how they tried to kick? Remember how it screamed? Yeah, this abortion has to be really, really painful for a baby.
Want to know why I am against abortion? How can you look at this, knowing a baby feels pain by 8 weeks, and think "I am more important" or "my life means more". If for no other reason, the pain a baby goes through is reason enough for me to say "It is wrong!"
You may ask "How can I put this into a blog?" Again, we are all given reasons of why it is okay to do it (even though I do not agree with those reasons). Go somewhere to ask about abortion.... do you honestly think they will tell you this? Do you honestly think they are going to show you a video of what is going to happen? No, they will sugar coat it and lead you to believe it all will be over and your life will continue normally as soon as you walk out the clinic door. They do not tell you that many women suffer emotional distress for the rest of their lives due to the abortion they decided to have for "social reasons". I can't express the sickness I feel in my entire being when I post this. The pictures are "coloring book" pictures. They are not real photos, yet I can see KL when she was inside me at each of these stages. I can't imagine putting my child through this kind of pain. I just can't imagine......
Virginia Janette McCuan Breeding
2 days ago

1 comment:
I'm totally with you. I cannot believe that abortion is legal - I cannot believe what Satan has convinced us of as a society. Here in AMERICA. Children are the only beings NOT protected by our laws. We can hit them at will because they are "ours" and call it "discipline" and even kill them as long as they are not born yet. It is disgusting and torturously sad to know what abortion really is. I've written articles about it, research papers on it, etc and the more I learn the more I hate it. The fact that the VAST majority of them are done simply b/c a woman does not want to be pg just is insane!! Having had three precious children myself - I just cannot imagine...
Post a Comment